Not that cheap ass store.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekend from Hell

Yes I saw Ghost Rider Friday, but unfortunately Nick Cage was not the only reason why this weekend totally ate ass.

By now you've all seen pictures of little Boh Sox, our Boston puppy, well two weeks ago he had eye surgery for cherry eye. I'll save you some Googling time. Cherry eye is a genetic defect in dogs that have protruding eyes like Boston's, Bulldogs, and Pugs. The eye membrane isn't strong enough and can rupture leading to the tear duct gland to kinda pop through and invade they eye like the blob, thus covering the eye and possibly causing severe eye damage. We caught it in time and poor Boh had surgery to correct the problem. For those keeping score, this is his second cherry eye operation, he had his first on his other eye before we received him.

Anyway, yeah, Boh's eye now seems to be infected. Some stitches are still present and his eye is very irritated and is releasing a greenish discharge. Yum! The poor little guy just looks at you like, hey big guy, scratch this eye thing for me. Well today he's going to the vet again and our dog is going to hate us. Boo.

Also this weekend, Jax was in a car accident. She's okay, just sore and without a car. The whole driver side quarter panel is laying on route 73 right now probably. Damn New Jersey drivers! We're just waiting for the insurance people to come out and give us the damage. Double boo.

I'm working on my "boo trifecta," that is my review of Ghost Rider, so I'll post that when I wipe the Nicholas Cage induced vomit off my clothes.

2 comments:

acw said...

Yikes! Here's hoping the Jaxter and the puppy get better soon.

NPR Junky said...

Seriously! I hope everything ends up ok for both of your loves.

And, shouldn't you just KNOW BETTER than to go see Nicholas Cage movies? I mean, come ON! The man was in a movie about snuff films and didn't DIE in it! Where's the justice in THAT?